Davis Child Shelter
1145 Greenbrier Street Charleston, WV 25311
Named for the agency’s original benefactor, Henry G. Davis, the emergency shelter opened in South Charleston in 1977 and moved to Charleston in 1994. After a communitywide effort to raise funds, the shelter opened in a new state-of-the art facility at 1145 Greenbrier Street. The property also houses the adoption program and the offices for child and family services. This shelter accepts 10 children, ages 12–18.